Sunday, October 4, 2009

Counterexamples and couches...

Of all high school Math subjects, Geometry is the one where you deal with the most reading and writing. Let me just say, I feel bad for the English teachers. My kids can't even spell words correctly when they're in front of them (i.e. the word is written in the question, but they still spell it wrong in the answer).

Anyways, it's getting late and I'm way behind in grading & planning. Therefore, I am online procrastinating. I blame it on the spelling mistake though. Here is one where it took me several minutes to figure out what she meant, but it's pretty funny.

Question: Find a counterexample for the statement: "If you are wet, then you are swimming in water."

Answer: (something about you can be wet without swimming) "...like when the players pour juice over the couch."

In my mind I saw a bunch of kids playing a board game and pouring juice on the couch. I thought, "What kind of game does she play that requires pouring juice on the couch?"

Then, I realized that she meant gatorade (the juice) and "coach" instead of couch...

1 comment:

Hwang said...

hahaha. hilarious! hey, i've been forwarding a bunch of geometry material like vocab flashcards and a powerpoint made by my friend, Jenni. Did you get any of them? would you like any of them?