I actually learned math using McDougal texts when I was in high school. However, my M.A./credential program had a slant toward the progressive end in terms of math curriculum, so it will take some getting used to to teach out of a more traditional text.
There are so many good ideas I've read about/learned about, but I'm beginning to realize I'm going to have to take a couple of good ideas at a time. Especially this first year, I'm feeling overwhelmed and I haven't even really started yet.
I'm still debating on how to start the year off. I feel so nervous because I've heard so many things about how the start of the year is so crucial. I'd really like to do some community building and getting to know you things, but the pacing schedule seems like it doesn't leave me any time.
I'm getting more and more nervous each day. 3 more days until I have orientation!
No comments:
Post a Comment