Wednesday, August 6, 2008

So It Begins...

I was playing around with the idea of creating a blog for my classes to post things like homework and other interesting tidbits, so I looked around online for good examples of class blogs.  I ended up stumbling upon some teacher blogs, which I found fascinating, and I thought that perhaps for this new era of my life I should create a new blog.  One that specifically chronicles the ins and outs of my days as a teacher.  One where I can store successes and mistakes for future reference.  And so I decided to create this blog.

On the other hand, I've decided that, at least at the moment, I can't really do much more with a class blog than I can with the web-system that my school already has, so it isn't worth my time to create one.  Doesn't mean I won't in the future, but I think at this moment I have a few too many things on my plate to really develop a good website/blog plan that will actually benefit my students.  Right now I'm focusing on setting goals.  Maybe I will start discovering the benefits of technology more during my second year of teaching, when I actually have some idea of what I'm doing.

So for now my blogging will remain a personal hobby and perhaps a way to connect with other educators as I start my journey into the land of teaching.

No comments: