WRONG.
A silent class is one of my worst nightmares. The silence generally means one of two things. Either they don't know what the heck is going on OR they don't care.
Any suggestions you have on how to get kids to ask questions would be great because no matter how much I plead with them to ask if they don't understand, they won't do it.
1 comment:
I use Question Cards. Its usually only for class discussions where I sit in the back and pretend not to be there. I have to hide my face to prevent them from asking me too.
Basically, I give each of them a card w/ their names on it and a due date. If they ask a good question or engage in a good discussion, I take the card away and give them the points assigned on the card. I tried it when I realized my "class discussions" would end up being me and two other students talking.
You can vary it however you want. Ji had another idea today where you sign all the kids up for a day (about 5 kids per day) and then they are in charge of the asking and answering questions for that day. That ONE day is what you are in charge of and will get participation points for. She's going to try this w/ her college class. I think it could work as yet another way to earn points...
Let me know what else you might come up with! (don't comment after this in response please cuz it won't show up on my Reader.)
Post a Comment